We have cheddar, triple cream, and stinky blues lined up for your next glass of wine. Check out these modern variations on classic wine and cheese pairings.
- Hard cheeses match perfectly with an our McWilliam’s 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay, McW 660 Reserve Hilltops Cabernet Sauvignon or McW 480 Hilltops Shiraz.
- Thinking of a soft cheese? Match it with a our McW 480 Tumbarumba Pinot Grigio or McW 660 Reserve Tumbarumba Pinot Noir.
- Blue vein cheeses demand a rich flavour to match, so try our Morning Light Botrytis Semillon, McWilliam’s Show Reserve 25 year old Tawny or Topaque.
- Goats cheese with pair nicely with McW 480 Tumbarumba Sauvignon Blanc or McWilliam’s On the Grapevine Rose.
- Feeling slightly adventurous? A washed rind will match our McWilliam’s On the Grapevine Rose or McW 480 Tumbarumba Pinot Grigio.
Preparing a Wine and Cheese Party
What better way to taste a variety of pairings then to throw a wine and cheese party? Purchase a few different cheeses from a cheese shop & ask the cheesemonger for more recommendations. There is a huge variety across the McWilliam’s range to offer a memorable cheese matching experience.
Be sure to serve the wine and cheese at their proper temperatures, so their flavours can emerge. Serve white wine at 12-16°C, red wine at 15-18°C and remove the cheese from the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes prior to serving.