We are thrilled to announce we have won 3 trophies and 4 gold medals at the Canberra and Region Wine Show! Thank you to our amazing winemaking team and their great work.
- 2015 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay (Best Chardonnay)
- 2015 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay (Best Dry White of Show)
- 2015 McW 660 Reserve Hilltops Cabernet Sauvignon (Best Cab Sav)
- 2015 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay
- 2016 McW 660 Reserve Tumbarumba Pinot Noir (Top Gold)
- 2015 McWilliam’s Single Vineyard Shiraz
- 2015 McW 660 Reserve Hilltops Cabernet Sauvignon
Hosted by the Royal National Capital Agricultural Society, the Canberra and Region Wine Show accepts entrants from the Canberra, Hilltops, Tumbarumba and Gundagai regions.
Led by chair of judges Sebastian Crowther, who is head sommelier at Neil Perry’s Rockpool Dining Group, a team of judges spent the past week tasting and discussing the wines, with the trophy winners announced at a ceremony on Friday night at Exhibition Park.
It was the second year as chair of judges for Mr Crowther, and he said that he was again impressed by the quality of entrants.
“The last two years have been particularly strong. The 2015 vintage was a really strong vintage in this region and I think the 2016, while there were some great wines, you could see the quality of the vintage probably wasn’t quite as good. The weather certainly wasn’t as good,” he said. “And 2017 was a kind of return to form as far as vintages went.”