McWilliam’s Wines are thrilled to announce the fabulous scores across our range, from the annual Riverina Wine Show results. A huge congratulations goes to our Hanwood winemaking team for all their hard work and dedication that goes into creating our beautiful wines!
The Hanwood Team | Image credit: unWINEd Riverina
- In the Tumbarumba Wine show – Best Mature White: 2014 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay
- In the Open Wine Show – Best Popular Premium White: 2016 Hanwood Estate Chardonnay
- In the Riverina Wine Show – Best Durif, Best Dry Red and the Riverina Grower Excellence Award: 2014 Hanwood Estate 1913 Durif
- 0014 Hanwood Estate 1913 Durif
- NV Hanwood Estate Classic Muscat
- 2016 Hanwood Estate Chardonnay
- 2014 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay
Grant Delves accepts Grower Excellence Award from Robert Bellato of Wine Grapes Marketing Board | Image credit: unWINEd Riverina
The Riverina is the country’s largest wine producer, accounting in NSW for 60% of the state’s production. Uniquely and proudly, five family-owned businesses are essentially responsible for driving the region’s engine-room, supplying one in every four glasses of Australian wine.
Our cellar door manager Karin | Image credit: unWINEd Riverina
As a result, over time, these producers have been compelled to draw from well beyond the Riverina to meet demands for the considerable volumes of consistent quality wine they produce, to compete at key price points in both domestic and overseas markets.
Kylie accepts the trophy for Best Popular Premium White Wine in the Open show from Griffith’s mayor, John Dal Broi | Image credit: unWINEd Riverina
Likewise, the Riverina Wine Show has expanded concurrently to reflect this reality, acknowledging the wider resources required by inviting large companies beyond the region to participate in the Riverina’s national competition, which has formed basis of the Riverina Wine Show, now in its 43rd year.