So it's harvest time at our home, Hanwood Estate. The winery is abuzz with excitement as we start the winemaking journey for 2017. But after...READ MORE
Wine & Food Pairings for Easter
Friends, family and food are all essential parts of a spectacular Easter, but what wines should you match to your Easter menu to make it even better. Here are some of my favourite pairings that will please even the fussiest guest.
- Preparing a seafood feast this Good Friday? Try our McWilliam’s Glenburnie Single Vineyard Tumbarumba Chardonnay for the perfect match
- If you’re planning a Sunday Roast, McW 660 Reserve Tumbarumba Pinot Noir with a succulent Roast Lamb or our McWilliam’s 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay with Baked Ham will serve up a treat
- An Italian Coloma di Pasqua with candied orange peel will couple nicely with legendary McWilliam’s ‘Morning Light’ Botrytis Semillon
- You’re bound to receive a few chocolate eggs this Easter so try our Fruitwood White with milk chocolate and McWilliam’s 25-year-old Tawny with dark chocolate
- To celebrate Greek Easter, try baking a traditional Tsoureki and pair it with a glass of Hanwood Estate Pinot Noir Chardonnay
- Love a Hot Cross Bun? Add a glass of Fruitwood Pink
- Top off your Easter weekend with a nip of McWilliam’s 10-year-old Grand Tawny with a delectable dark chocolate ganache tart
The McWilliam’s blog is the best place to learn about wine. Browse for wine articles, news, tips and infographics to start your wine education today.
Written by our wine educators and experts, this blog has everything from complex wine ratings to informative articles as well as more light-hearted posts that everyone can enjoy.
McWilliam’s build on six generations of Australian experience to craft quality wine for the world to enjoy. They are wines that tell the story of our family and a century long love affair with winemaking. McWilliam’s offers a variety of cool climate, high altitude wines from NSW vineyards including the Riverina, Hilltops, Tumbarumba and Canberra.
Our flagship wines include Shiraz, Chardonnay and Botrytis Semillon, as well as premium Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and many more. With 140 years and six generations of winemaking experience, McWilliam’s has a long and prestigious history in producing fortified wines, including Tawny, Muscat and Topaque.