4 Tips to Taste Wine Like a Pro If you're interested in how to taste wine, here are some easy tips that you can do...READ MORE
Wine and Cheese Pairing Ideas
We have cheddar, triple cream, and stinky blues lined up for your next glass of wine. Check out these modern variations on classic wine and cheese pairings.
- Hard cheeses match perfectly with an our McWilliam’s 842 Tumbarumba Chardonnay, McW 660 Reserve Hilltops Cabernet Sauvignon or McW 480 Hilltops Shiraz.
- Thinking of a soft cheese? Match it with a our McW 480 Tumbarumba Pinot Grigio or McW 660 Reserve Tumbarumba Pinot Noir.
- Blue vein cheeses demand a rich flavour to match, so try our Morning Light Botrytis Semillon, McWilliam’s Show Reserve 25 year old Tawny or Topaque.
- Goats cheese with pair nicely with McW 480 Tumbarumba Sauvignon Blanc or McWilliam’s On the Grapevine Rose.
- Feeling slightly adventurous? A washed rind will match our McWilliam’s On the Grapevine Rose or McW 480 Tumbarumba Pinot Grigio.
Preparing a Wine and Cheese Party
What better way to taste a variety of pairings then to throw a wine and cheese party? Purchase a few different cheeses from a cheese shop & ask the cheesemonger for more recommendations. There is a huge variety across the McWilliam’s range to offer a memorable cheese matching experience.
Be sure to serve the wine and cheese at their proper temperatures, so their flavours can emerge. Serve white wine at 12-16°C, red wine at 15-18°C and remove the cheese from the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes prior to serving.