Course material, handbooks and other relevant material based on the ASQA courses are already in place and updated to meet the needs of individual customers (these course are not offered to the general public).
The Academy’s Wine Educator is Michael Quirk, who has been educating for over 25 years in the Wine, Hospitality, Sales & Marketing trade both here in Australia and oversea’s at a range of high profile accredited Training organisation around Australia.
The objectives of the McWilliam’s Academy of Wine is to provide professional, accredited wine education services in order to;
- contribute to the development and dissemination of professional wine knowledge to the wine and hospitality industries nationally;
- encourage and nurture budding enthusiasts to place the triumph of a ‘Wine Career’ in our hands;
- create awareness that the McWilliam’s brand delivers more than just wine: history, education, technology and masters of wine;
- be recognized as the ‘first choice’ in preferred wine schools of Australia;
- demystify ‘wine’ to the community as a health benefit with moderate consumption;
- encourage consumers, through education, to appreciate the consumption of wine with food as an acceptable lifestyle activity that has the potential of improving quality of life.
- Gain acceptance in key trade influences.
The McWilliam’s Wines Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (No: 90967) provides the following introductory and intermediate tier courses:
- Certificate I – Bronze Level Wine Knowledge
- Certificate II – Silver Level Wine Knowledge
- WSET Level 1 & 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
MICHAEL QUIRK CHIEF STEWARD
Stewards play a valuable role ensuring each judging day runs smoothly through the coordination and preparation of exhibits.
Acting as a Steward for Sydney Royal competitions provides unique insight into a specific industry and counts as relevant experience toward an Associate Judge role in the future.
We know you time is valuable so volunteering your time is valued and will increase your profile within the wine trade. Meeting fellow Stewards and Judges will increase your networking and work prospects especially in the Sydney market. As Chief Steward of the RSWS show I am very proud of the input of new people interested in the wine trade to be giving back to this wonderful world of wine in Australia.
If you are interested in becoming a Steward, please fill out our form below.